How well do Hog fans know the Arkansas Razorbacks?
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Sometimes when we post a story that some of the Arkansas fan base disagrees with, someone sends us a message like “Must have been a slow news day!”
Of course it wasn’t. It was just news that didn’t feel good to that person. Instead of just getting on with life, a quick trip to the bathroom is prolonged while this person crafts what they think is a funny answer before hopefully washing off and moving on with life.
No damage, no foul and no offense. We get it and won’t let it bother us in the slightest.
However, today is actually a slow news day. We could do a follow up on what happened at the Garth Brooks concert, but social media seems to have covered that pretty well.
From a Razorback perspective, it’s probably too early to break down the draft one last time, and no one in their right mind would dare whisper the word baseball within 200 miles of Northwest Arkansas after seeing it how mad everyone on Twitter was about Sunday’s rubber game vs Texas A&M.
No, we’re going to keep it docile on a late Sunday night, and nothing says docile like a nice round of Razorback quizzes. So for once, anyone can joke about how it must have been a slow news day, with a smug pat on the back for being 100% right.
So without further ado, let’s get down to business. We just start and then build up.
The answers are posted below so as not to ruin things for those of you who are really into this sort of thing.
1) The Arkansas Razorbacks used to have that name before the student body voted to change the mascot to its current form in 1910.
2) When Arkansas first joined the SEC in the 1990s, prominent conference games were broadcast by this nostalgic sports network group.
3) Which Razorback basketball trio under Coach Eddie Sutton was infamously known as “The Triplets” in the 1970s?
4) How many baseball coaches has Arkansas had in the last 53 years?
5) Which football team was the last to defeat Arkansas in the Southwest Conference?
6) In what year did the Arkansas Razorback women’s basketball team make their first appearance in the Final Four?
7) Who are the only three Razorback football players inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame?
8) Under coach John McDonnell, Arkansas won 40 national championships in track and field, including five National Triple Crowns. What three sports make up the Triple Crown, and which school other than Arkansas is the only one to have won one?
9) What year was the Arkansas women’s track and field department founded?
10) After classes started at the university, a competition was held to determine the school color. What color was Cardinal batting when the final decision was made?
1) Cardinals of Arkansas
Scroll to Next
2) Jefferson pilot
3) Marvin Delph, Sydney Moncrief, Ron Brewer
4) Two – Norm DeBriyn (age 33) and Dave Van Horn (age 20)
5) Rice, 20-0 in 1991
6) 1998 – An 18-10 team from Arkansas entered the tournament as No. 9 before advancing to the Final Four where the Razorbacks lost to eventual national champions Tennessee.
7) Lance Alworth, Dan Hampton, Steve Atwater. Jerry Jones is also in the Hall of Fame, but not as a player.
8) A Triple Crown is a national championship in Cross Country, Indoor Track and Outdoor Track & Field. Other than Arkansas, only UTEP has accomplished this feat so far.
10) Heliotrope, a pink-purple hue derived from the flower of the same name.
COULD PIGS PULL OUT SERIES AGAINST AGGIES ON SUNDAY?
CAN ANYONE FIND OUT HOW TO OVERVIEW NILE?
FORMER PIGS FINALLY FIND WAY TO SALVATION
PIGS LOSE WR COMMITMENT AFTER MORE OFFERS COME
POTENTIAL TRADE COULD AFFECT WHERE TREYLON BURKS IS CHOSEN IN THE NFL DRAFT
HOGS EXIT FIRST GAME OF THE SERIES AGAINST TEXAS A&M WHILE BATS ARE SILENT
HOW TO WATCH THE HOGS AGGIES SERIES THIS WEEKEND
COACHES NEED TO FILL rosters BUT WHAT ABOUT THE EXAMPLES?
BAUM-WALKER ATMOSPHERE CHANGES BEYOND PLAYERS CONTROL
• Return to the allHogs home page.
• Would you like to join the discussion? Click here to join the allHOGS Message Board Community today!